RMI Standards and Certification is a subsidiary company established with the backing of the Retail Motor Industry Federation. Set up to provide certification services to the motor industry and beyond, the company has been accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) to ISO 17065.
UKAS is the sole national accreditation body recognised by government to assess, against internationally agreed standards, organisations that provide certification, testing, inspection and calibration services. UKAS accreditation demonstrates impartiality, competence and performance capability on behalf of RMISC. UKAS accreditation is a formal, third-party recognition of competence to perform specific tasks and it means that RMISC can demonstrate that it has been successful at meeting the requirements of international accreditation standards.
The quality objectives of the company are:
- To provide independent, impartial, professional and focused third party certification, which will provide added value to client organisations by complimenting business aims and objectives through support to quality management and service control processes.
- To ensure services are accessible to all applicants and that there is no undue financial or other consideration placed upon them.
- To monitor certification making sure that it is not conditional upon the number of certificates already issued.
- Under the direction of its Directors and under surveillance by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), to conduct its assessment and certification processes in accordance with the criteria of ISO 17065 (Product Certification).
- To maintain accreditation as a Certification Body from the United Kingdom Accreditation Service for the full scope of its certification activities.
- To be recognised by major purchasing organisations and service providers, as providing the highest standards of certification services associated with the retail motor industry.
- To operate responsibly, openly, impartially and objectively, in applying uniform standards to all certificated companies and applicants alike.
- To conduct operations in an effective and efficient manner, and to maintain the integrity of certification activities by the use of trained and competent management, assessment and support staff.
- To deal with any complaint in an appropriate and timely manner, and where the complaint is justified make every effort to resolve the issue.
- To ensure the security of the records that it holds and to maintain confidentiality of any information obtained as part of the assessment process.
- To operate within the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- To comply with the Company Policy for Health and Safety.